Registration is open on Regatta Central! Go to https://www.regattacentral.com/clubs/?org_id=509. You can pay by credit card via Regatta Central, but even better is to pay by check or e-pay with your bank, which will save us over $5 in fees per registration. Details are on Regatta Central.
· Winter Conditioning will run from 11/28/17 – 2/24/18 at the erg room, culminating with the Midwest Erg Sprint Championships on 2/24/18 (registration fee extra).
· There will be a winter break (no sessions) from 12/23/17 – 1/6/18.
· Varsity times are M-Th 4:00 – 5:30, Novice/Middle School is M-Th 5:30 – 7:00. Varsity will have an optional Saturday practice 8:00 – 9:30 am.
· Coach Haley will lead the Varsity conditioning, and Coach Brendan will lead the Novice/Middle School conditioning. Both coaches will be at the joint sessions mentioned below.
· Five “all squad” joint sessions where Novice/Middle School will report at the varsity time: 11/29, 12/20, 1/10, 1/31, and 2/21.
· Emphasis will be on total body conditioning, rotating muscle groups and exercise types (and having fun). It’s not erging every day!
· Cost is $250 for rowers. In the past, coxswains have typically not registered for the winter conditioning season, and instead came only on certain erg days. The coaches are eager for coxes to be part of the winter conditioning experience. They will definitely work out but they will also develop their coxing skills. As part of the effort to attract coxes, we are piloting a reduced rate for coxes for winter conditioning. More details on Regatta Central. Please sign up – the more, the merrier!