Dublin Crew is now Central Ohio Rowing! To find out more about Central Ohio Rowing, please visit our site
Youth heading into grades 7-12 are eligible for 4-day and 6-day summer camps that introduce the basics of the sport of rowing under the guidance of highly trained coaches. We will hold FOUR one-week Learn to Row sessions in June and July, followed by a two-week (6 day) ADVANCED session for anyone who completes one of the first four 2019 sessions with times and registration information below. We will also hold an introductory session in late July for those traveling earlier in the summer.
All sessions take place at Griggs Reservoir on the Scioto River, 2933 Riverside Dr., Columbus, OH 43221
Why learn to row?
- A great team sport; promotes coordination and collaboration
- Awesome workout in a safe, non-contact environment
- Builds flexibility, physical stamina, and mental toughness
- Serious rowers have a good chance of earning a college scholarship
- No prior experience necessary to learn to row
- It’s FUN!
Why row with us?
- Open to students from all school systems; our current rowers represent over five different school districts. This inclusiveness is reflected in our new name, Central Ohio Rowing (a youth rowing organization)
- Built on the foundation of Dublin Crew, the oldest school-aged club rowing team in central Ohio
- The first crew club in Central Ohio to align with a dedicated sports medicine healthcare provider with our partnership with OSU Sports Medicine
- We are actively recruiting rowers for the summer and fall of 2019 and spring of 2020
- Our Non-Profit’s Mission: To inspire and enable our members to achieve excellence in the sport of rowing and in life
SESSION 1 (INTRO) Dates: June 3-6, 2019 Time: 6-8 pm Cost: $75 (includes team T-shirt) Max 25 participants
SESSION 2 (INTRO) Dates: June 10-13, 2019 Time: 6-8 pm Cost: $75 (includes team T-shirt) Max 25 participants
SESSION 3 (INTRO) Dates: June 17-20, 2019 Time: 6-8 pm Cost: $75 (includes team T-shirt) Max 25 participants
SESSION 4 (INTRO) Dates: June 24-27, 2019 Time: 6-8 pm Cost: $75 (includes team T-shirt) Max 25 participants
Curriculum for Sessions 1, 2, 3, & 4. The expectation is rowers will receive two days of instruction on land, followed by two days of hands-on experience in the boats on the water. (Rowers who want more time on the water can sign up for additional sessions.)
SESSION 5 (ADVANCED) Dates: July 8-18, 2019 (M,W,Th – 6 days total) Time: 6-8 pm Cost: $125 – REGISTRATION OPENS ON JUNE 17 Max 32 participants
Curriculum for Session 5: This session is only for rowers who complete Sessions 1, 2, 3, and/or 4. The expectation is that all four days will be spent on the water.
REGISTRATION (Opens April 14, 2019)
We use RegattaCentral exclusively for all registration and related fee payments; this system will enable you to complete the required waiver and medical authorization forms, too.
If you have registered your child with us in the previous 12 months, you do not need to complete the waiver and the medical authorization, unless there as been a change in your child’s health during that period. Please contact us if you have any questions.
REGISTRATION LINK/BUTTON BELOW
OSU Sports Medicine is our official health care provider – a first in the Central Ohio rowing community. For our athletes:
- A duly licensed athletic trainer from OSU Sports Medicine is available to provide weekly injury checks at the erg room and/or river. (Times and squad checks will vary throughout the season.)
- Team members will have timely access to physician appointments at OSU Sports Medicine.
- OSU Sports Medicine may be visible at regattas and other events.